Benjamin Franklin was one of the Democratic Founding Fathers of the United States. Franklin was a leading writer, printer, political philosopher, politician, Freemason, postmaster, scientist, inventor, humorist, civic activist, statesman, and diplomat; a pragmatic genius.
The COVID-19 pandemic has provided sufficient collective global experience to now widely know and accept fundamental scientific facts:
(1) Pathogen outbreaks, with pandemic transmissibility, are inevitable.
(2) The 2% Case Fatality Rate (CFR) of COVID-19 pales in comparison to the 56% CFR of Avian Influenza (Bird Flu).
(3) The global impact of a Bird Flu Pandemic is unfathomable in human and economic cost.
(4) Outbreaks must be prevented before they can proliferate into global pandemics.
(5) Cooperative global preparation to prevent the next pandemic must be sustained forever.
Benjamin Franklin was an American polymath and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. As a scientist, he was a major figure in the American Enlightenment and the history of physics for his discoveries and theories regarding electricity. As an inventor, he is known for the lightning rod, bifocals, and the Franklin stove, among other inventions. He founded many civic organizations, including the Library Company, Philadelphia’s first fire department, and the University of Pennsylvania. Source: Wikipedia
Reprinted for educational purposes and social benefit, not for profit.