1. In Asia, there are more than 1.5 billion people, 200 million farms. 400 million pigs (50% of world pop.). and 5.2 billion chickens (see graph below).
2. In Asia, nine types of livestock are now suitable for people to eat: pigs, cows, sheep, donkeys, rabbits, chickens, ducks, geese and pigeons (Updated, April 2020)
3. Wild birds will migrate, and fly freely anywhere. Wild birds are naturally immune to H5N1. People and domesticated birds certainly are not immune to H5N1.
4. Viral zoonosis (animal to human infection) and viral antigenic shift (mutation) is uncontrollable, and inevitable.
5. Close contact of billions of people with billions of domesticated animals, in farming, slaughter and consumption can create the environment for zoonosis.
6. As more Asians crave Western-style diets, the booming nation rushes to industrialize an agricultural economy long built around small farms.